USA Cash Flow by single customer

Reaction score
I'm using QuickBooks for Mac (2014). I'm trying to do a cash flow on a single customer using the most quick and basic methods possible. This doesn't seem to be possible with my version however, unless I'm missing something. This is where I need help. Simply filtering any cash flow data by customer is not an option. The closest I've come is taking a balance sheet (sorted by all vendors likely linked to this customer) and simply calculated the difference of change from month to month of each category on the balance sheet.

I basically want to look at procurement bills, AR, AP and see where cash outlay is a negative, etc. I want to capture the whole lifecycle of a job by comparing all of the key dates from procurement for the job to payment from the customer and assign some accountability in places where delays have negatively affected the flow of cash. I've been spending way to much of my resources exporting from P&L detail reports and sorting data in Excel. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Ian

Ask a Question