USA Converting Personal Property to Business in QuickBooks

Reaction score
Hi, I recently formed a single member LLC. Prior to forming the business, I made a few purchases using personal funds. The purchases are somewhat small (around $250 for receipt printer, $90 for a cash drawer, several other $50-80 small electronic equipment purchases, a couple $20 supply purchases).

Because these purchases are rather small, is it ok if these are expensed instead of depreciated? I'm somewhat concerned because these are small purchases, but they have a useful life of more than a year and are equipment purchases.

Is it possible to use the date I began using these smaller purchases in the business instead of the date I purchased them on the receipt? I would like to expense these as if I converted them from personal to business use, and not have them as a part of "start-up costs" on my tax return. How would I make an entry like this into QuickBooks?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ask a Question