UK Do I need to accrue these costs into 21/22 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hope you are all well.
If i used company credit card, in march, to buy two staff leavers a hotel voucher each - one staff retired end march, the other leaves end of this month, 30 april.
Both staff were presented with the vouchers in march.

The credit card invoice breakdown has just arrived and the amount has hit our bank account. Let's say £500 for both vouchers .
There was also a night out in march for the staff (for both retirements) and card was used for drinks and food (staff entertainment), lets say £400.

I have (or will) accrue the £400 staff entertainment costs into March so that it is included in 21/22 accounts.

My query regards the two hotel vouchers (neither voucher used let as far as know) , can these costs just remain in April 22 , or do I also need to accrue these into 21/22 ?

Thank you for any advice
Jay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Jay

The vouchers are a March expense. Moreover, consider that you handed the vouchers over in March, same as giving cash. So you no longer had possession in March.

Regards,

Kat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your help Kat , it does help folk like me

jay

Ask a Question