How to account for assets when your parent company bought them

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
I work for an American NGO with offices in Africa. The USA office buys computers, cameras that we consider as assets for the Africa offices. Yet they don't appear in the Africa branches accounting but only in USA's accounting since the cash disbursement is done in USA. I believe the Africa branches accounting should reflect those assets as they are the ones using it and when it's time for local audit, it might cause problems. How do I account for these assets knowing that The Africa offices did not pay for it and considering the fact that it's an NGO cant record is at payable because There will be no paying back.

Please help!

AGH the CPA

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you record ANY asset transfer to the african office? (cash etc)?

Reaction score
Country
Myanmar
not clear understand what it mean!
When Parents company (US) bought assets from Branches company (Africa) or Parents company bought assets for Branches company,but they still sit at Parents Company that u mean?

When Parents bought assets from Branches company it must paid agree price to Branches company! So that Parents can recognize assets & Branches can recognize disposal of assets. But for consolidation statement I still learning so, I will post back when I know!

Ask a Question