USA How to get the correct ending balance

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to reconcile for 2015. I cannot do that, unless I have the correct ending balance. I am working with quickbooks online and for 2014 I have a difference of $279.76 for the correct ending balance of December 2014. I am thinking I can create a journal entry for that amount on one side, however I don't know which other account to use to offset that same entry. Is there an account I can create for that, that later won't affect my books negatively?
2014 books were so messed up that is why its not balancing, I already files taxes for 2014 so I'm not worry about those messes, however, I need to now, somehow make sure my ending balance is correct with my bank statements and the only way would be by creating a journal entry. unless there are any other ideas??
Please help asap as I need to get this done today so I can file for 2015 tax return.
Thank you,

Daniela Velarde

Ask a Question