USA Implications of starting a company with partner residing overseas.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking at starting a LLC here in chicago with a partner who is US citizen located in India. What is there that we should know of before we get started? Are there any special tax rules? I have heard that partners residing overseas are taxed deferentially and have other issues with IRS. Is this true?

Any information you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

Reaction score
The partner in India is a US citizen, so you are not required to follow the foreign partner withholding requirements of the US. The partner may have other tax implications in India and may be required to file a tax return in India as well as the US (US citizens must always file a US tax return even if living abroad). The partner living in India would get a foreign tax credit on their US return for any taxes paid in India.

I have specialized in US Foreign tax compliance. If the you or the partner would like additional consulting please contact me at 303-872-6975.

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, IRS apply different rules for Resident and Non-Residents of USA.

Regards,

InfoTaxSquare.com

Ask a Question