Issues with Microsoft Accouting Express 2007 after format/reinstall

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been helping a friend with an issue on their Windows Accounting system.

The system itself was pretty much DOA, but they did have recent backup files for their configured company, the .SBB files.

I was able to get vista re-installed on the system, then reinstalled their MS Office SBE with MS Accounting Express 2007. After going through all the updates and patches for the system (only about a gigabyte or so) the system is running and I restored the .SBB file that's most recent for them to use.

Unfortunately, even with all patches installed (per Microsoft Update), it gives a "Cannot logon because the application version is older than the company database. Upgrade the application." error. I'm not sure what I'm missing and after extensive Googling, I'm still at a loss.

Has anyone else seen this type of issue after a system restoration?

Thanks,

Greg

Reaction score
Well, I was able to work around the issue, but I'm still not totally sure what was going on with this 'wrong version' trouble.

I found a link to a free download of the Office Accounting 2009 update, which apparently Microsoft decided to release for free after axing the product.

Since it wasn't available directly through Microsoft anymore, I didn't even find a reference to it on their site.

But 2009 was able to grab the .SBB file and perform an update to the contents to import into 2009.

thanks to any who looked.

Ask a Question