UK Limited company Pension Contribution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a question regarding employer pension contribution from an LTD company where my wife is the sole employee.
I understand the company can contribute to her pension.
She does not have the money in the business account as she took them as dividends and salary.

Would it be ok to transfer 30000£ from personal account to the business account in order to make the pension contribution from the company?

Thank you for your time,
Alin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I understand your proposal above, your wife will be paying £30,000 from her personal account into the business. This would be either a loan to the company or capital introduced to the company. If it's a loan, at some point it has to be repaid (or written off). If it's capital introduced, then the business can use it for anything it likes - but wouldnt it be easier to just pay into the pension directly from the personal account?Otherwise you are just putting money into the business to just then pay it out again?

Ask a Question