Meals between two jobs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can a taxpayer deduct the meals they have while traveling from one job to another?? I know they cannot if they go home between each job, but am debating when they are able to when traveling form one job to another.

Where I'm getting hung up is the fact that the taxpayer can deduct their expenses of getting from one job to the next - what is the limitation on this?? I mean every expense incurred cannot be deductible, or can they??

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Meals and travel expenses (mileage) are only 50% deductible when the taxpayer is 250+ miles away from taxpayer address (at least the last time I checked a few years ago).

Most everything else is fine. I believe you can also deduct purchased fuel 100% regardless of where used/bought.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok - what about if the taxpayer is traveling between two jobs?? I know they cannot claim any mileage from home to work as it is considered personal, but what about traveling from the first job to the second job w/o going home??

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
From one job to the next would be claimable if it meets all the other criteria.

Ask a Question