Multiple jobs paid on one deposit

Reaction score
Have ongoing customer with multiple (end user) jobs. I receive payments from the customer once per week direct deposit. Each deposit contains payments for multiple jobs, which I have recorded on separate invoices by jobs. Problem occurs when I receive payment for end user A,B, and C one week. Then receive a chargeback (common for this business) for a partial amount for end user B the following week, along with payments for end user jobs D and F at the same time.

How do I record the chargeback for end user A (a negative amount for a job that is showing as fully paid with no balance or credit due) and still keep the overall customer deposit amount accurate between qb and the bank (am not allowed in qb to record a negative amount as part of the deposit). I'm guessing it has something to do with a clearing account but can't figure it out. (I tried entering the chargeback as a credit for that end user job but the record payments window won't allow a credit to record for a job that has no balance (job was paid off in the precvious week's deposit.

To complicate it further customer is also a vendor (purchase eqpt from vendor which I install in end users homes). Vendor (also set up as a customer) then reimburses me back for the equipment along with commission for sale and installation. Am I approaching this the right way by setting them up as a customer with end user jobs below them? Seems to work and gives me the reporting I need other than issue above. problem seems to lie in fact that I can't invoice multiple jobs under one customer on same invoice so that I could record the payments as partial payments or credits off that single invoice.

Ask a Question