Part Year NY/NJ

Reaction score
I have lived in Brooklyn NY from 1/1/2011 till 7/25/2011, I then moved to NJ and lived there from 7/25/2011 till 12/31/2011. I worked for the same company throughout the year. The company is located in Yonkers.

I am having hard time entering the W2 info. Any local CPA's that would do my taxes?

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not a tax expert but have a similar situation having moved from NY to NJ without changing employer. You will file taxes in both NY and NJ but the wages would be deemed earned in Yonkers (and not reported in the NJ return). There are many CPA's that can help you - just google for your area and find one that you are comfortable with. Alternatively, if this is the only real "challenge" in completing your taxes, you can purchase TurboTax or other tax software which very simply walks you through completing your taxes (and much cheaper than a CPA if you dont have many unusual tax issues)

Ask a Question