Preferred Tax Software

Reaction score
Hello fellow accountants and tax professionals. I am curious as to what is the most popular tax software being used by everyone.

I have been using TaxWise for four years now and have been extremely impressed, but being a young accountant, I have not had much experience with other platforms. I have demoed other software such as Drake, TurboTax, and Intuit. I feel that these other softwares are too question based and do not allow you to jump straight into the return like TaxWise. Other than the main info page that includes the bulk of the taxpayers information(name, social, address, dependents, occupation), the rest of the return is listed on a "tree" on the left hand side that allows you to jump from form to form as well link forms together. Just all in all, I have found it an easy platform that has very few changes yearly.

In addition, I use Quickbooks as my accounting and bookkeeping software. Curious to know if what setups other accountants are using together.

Interested to see what opinions you guys have.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use Ultratax and its generally okay. However, many calculations do not carryforward to other forms like it should.

I heard great things about CCH Prosystem fx though.

- Allan

Reaction score
I use TaxACT Deluxe which is highly recommended for people with relatively straightforward tax returns to prepare. TaxACT's appealing price and premium features makes it a top choice for many. The feature I like best is that TaxACT uses your tax return information to prepare a college financial aid worksheet. This will help parents and students in filling out their FAFSA applications. No other tax software offers FAFSA worksheets.

Ask a Question