Problem saving PDF Files in Bookkepper from AVANQUEST

Reaction score
Well, nothing happened!

I’m very frustrated with this issue. I cannot save invoices in PDF and because of this, I cannot e-mail invoices through the software. Actually, I purchased this software because I was being able to e-mail invoices to my clients and because after using QuickBooks for years, I was looking for an easy alternative for bookkeeping.

After dealing with the problem with Bookkeeper 2010 for a couple months, making invoices in excel, I downloaded, today the 2011 version, hoping to resolve the issue. Very funny, I installed and when I tried to back up my files, the backup partially worked. I only was able to see my company info, bank accounts, charts of accounts, deposits and withdrawals, but my customers, bills, vendors, invoices were gone! I tried installing and uninstalling using different ways around 10 times and I could not get my data back! I also create a new company and tried to save the invoices in PDF and guess what???? nothing, same problem that 2010 version.

So, I decided to reinstall my 2010 version to get my data back and everything is fine now, but my frustration still with the customer service and technical support. I spoke with at least 15 different techs and all of them gave me different ways to fix the problem and none of them worked. They also, said that with the new version (2011) the problems with Windows 7 64 bit will be resolved. My frustration is not with the software, I actually think that maybe there is something in my computer that is stopping Bookkeeper to work properly, however I do not get ANY help or REAL help from the techs! I called every day and had to wait between 40min – 1 hour to speak with somebody that did not resolve or at least give me a solution.

Well, this is the last chance for me; I honestly think there is a solution before I decide to get a new software. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM SAVING PDF FILES? It is the Windows 7 – 64 Bit? It is the converter that Bookkeeper is using, that by the way, it is very old? It is something in my computer? Is there a way to change the PDF printer and this way e-mail invoices too? Is there a way to update the PDF printer? Is something else that I have to purchase to fix this problem? If someone knows please reply. My computer is new; it is a very unexpressive computer, very basic for my business, GATEWAY TOUCH SCREEN. Windows 7 64 bit.

Reaction score
Very late reply, but posting so this will show up as a potential solution for others.

We've been using Bookkeeper on the same computer for two years, with no new software loaded, when this problem occurred. Bookkeeper apparently has a significant problem with the integrated .pdf printer that the company can't figure out, as there are numerous threads on this issue, none of which have an answer that permanently corrects the problem.

The quick and easy workaround to this issue is to download a standalone .pdf printer (I used Bullzip PDF, just happened to be the first one I found I thought I could trust) and set it as the default printer. Print to it using the "Paper" Printer option and you will be able to generate your .pdf invoices and receipts.

Not as good as fixing the underlying problem, but appears to be a quick and permanent workaround.

Ask a Question