UK Proformas

Reaction score
How do I record these things in a typical accounting system:

1.Proformas from prospective clients;

2.Purchases from grocery stores for which debit cards are used to make payments;

3.Purchase discount received from suppliers for purchases

Thanks

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I record these things in a typical accounting system:

1.Proformas from prospective clients;

2.Purchases from grocery stores for which debit cards are used to make payments;

3.Purchase discount received from suppliers for purchases

Thanks
1. That doesn't make sense to me. Proforma means invoice, but prospective clients wouldn't be sending an invoice.

2. Record to whatever expense account and supplier account. If it's ad-hoc purchases from random stores then it wouldn't make sense to have them all set up as suppliers, so if that's the case, just have a sundry creditor account for that side of the transaction. Then just clear the creditor side off using the bank statement. Given that it's debit rather than credit cards, you'll be entering and clearing off the transactions at the same time mostly. The bank reconciliation will pick up any that haven't yet gone at month end and need to be accrued, providing that whoever makes the purchases gives you the receipt quick enough.

3. I call these the "scenic route". If you're going to get any benefit from using a discount received account for maybe monitoring discounts, then use it. Otherwise, sack it off and just record the actual cost rather than full price offset by a discount account because you'd just be creating work where it's not required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keithdrism

Latest Threads