USA QuickBooks Pro 2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings Everyone,
I am currently using QuickBooks Pro 2015 along with their very basic payroll service. They are having me upgrade to 2018 in order to continue using their payroll service. I would rather not use their paid payroll service. My tax advisor advises me that quote -
"They have a web based payroll that you can use that allows you to download the transactions into your QB file."
Does anyone know where I may find this on the Quickbooks website? Thank you so much. I have been using Quickbooks since the early nineties, only have myself on the payroll and would like to keep version 2015 and start saving some money.
Best regards,
Eric

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There are many solutions to the problems that Intuit continues to create in its non-consumer oriented behavior.

If you pa yourself salary, you do not need a payroll service; the paycheck and corresponding journal entry will be the same each time.

If your check varies you can pull up half a dozen paycheck calculators, calculate the paycheck and enter it via journal entry without using Intuit's payroll function.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Drmdcpa,

Thank you so much for the powerful insight. Will this process free me from the W-2? Will I still be able to put money into a SEP IRA? I imagine that I still pay all of the payroll taxes?
Also, if for some reason or another I put a person on the payroll for a day or two would this be a good option?

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Eric

Ask a Question