USA Rental Business

Reaction score
Hi,

I am starting a business that rents out Carpet cleaning machines. I need to know which business type would work for this in Peachtree.

Synopsis: I find a store willing to host my rental units. The store rents the units, and collects and pays sales tax. I simply get a check in the mail for 60% of the rental price of the machine and any cleaning solutions purchased.

I do not account for or even know who the actual end user customers are. I only know that the unit was rented out X amount of times and I get a check. For example for the first quarter of the year I received a check for $340 from one of my customers.

I am fairly familiar with Peachtree, but I can’t think of how I would record these periodic payments in the most effective manner. I have ‘customers’ as the Stores that host the units. How would I record what equipment or inventory each store has, and the $ amount that I periodically get from them.

Thank you for any direction you can provide.

Ask a Question