USA Solving a problem help

Reaction score
Country
United States
can someone give me a hint on how to solve this problem please?

On March 1, 2011, Catherine purchased $60,000 of Tyson Co.'s 6%, 17-year bonds at face value. Tyson Co. has regularly paid the annual interest due on the bonds. On March 1, 2016, market interest rates had risen to 10%, and Catherine is considering selling the bonds. Use present value tables

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to read the caveat about exams and students posting questions here.

Aside from that there is a clue in the question and more than likely examples in your book and elsewhere on line.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tried subtracting the years, I have calculated at 5 years. I've calculated 6% and 10%. I have subtracted answers. I've tried various number associated with the years and percentages on the Factors for Calculating the Present Value of $1 Discount Rate Table./9

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please note that if you are looking for assistance with an exam-style question, you must attempt the question yourself before asking for help. You can then state the answer you have so far and explain which aspect you need help with. Anyone posting exam-style questions expecting the answer to be given to them will have their posts removed. Repeat offenders will be banned from the forum.

Ask a Question