USA truck deductions

Reaction score
If I buy a new pick up truck and used it for collecting and selling recycling materials, can I deduct any of the purchasing price in the taxes? kind of depreciation or anything. Please help in this one. I need to know

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to look into the Section 179 deduction. Under that you might qualify to write off the entire purchase in the year you buy the truck. You will need a tax person to help you on this to make sure you meet all the qualifications.

Reaction score
Thanks

You need to look into the Section 179 deduction. Under that you might qualify to write off the entire purchase in the year you buy the truck. You will need a tax person to help you on this to make sure you meet all the qualifications.
Thank you very much I will try that. :):):

Reaction score
I read the Section 179 but didn't find the place where it says anything about the qualifications I need in order to claim the deduction or the expense, all it says is for qualifying business. I will keep searching. Again, thanks a lot.

Ask a Question