UK What happens when a UK company is in suspended strike-off action?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working with a company who have had a "First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off" issued about two months ago, followed quickly by another notice saying it has been suspended "Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended". This is because they have not filed their company accounts.

Given that it has been suspended for two months and the accounts have still not been filed, what does this mean? Is there any action to enforce filing of accounts taking place, or can they stay in this suspended place for months and just pay a late filing fee when they do submit them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the reply. I had a read of the article, but I don't think it answers my question of what enforcement action is taken?

I understand that someone (maybe HMRC) have objected to the compulsory strike-off action, but this simply means that the company is still listed at companies house. Is there any compulsion for them to actually file accounts? I wonder how long a company can avoid it's statutory duties like that and get away with it? Is it reliant on whoever they owe money to, to take action?

Truemanbrown

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that you want the company to be struck off. Have you contacted HMRC to see if they have put a stop on the company being struck off?

Ask a Question