Why tax?

Reaction score
I am currently an accounting major at Cal State Northirdge, and I am currently heading into my senior year. I plan on recruiting for a full-time position in Fall, and I was hoping to use this forum to help me prepare for the process and to post my questions.

My first question is why you chose to go fo tax (as opposed to audit). Through my research I've learned that tax accountants can work with their clients and ensure that they are saving money and increasing their cash flow. Usually I've heard that the latest, most applicable tax laws are applied to a corporations return, and the object goal is to get the greatest and most advantage tax return possible.

I also hear that tax accountants enjoy the challenge of absorbing new information and woking to solve problems. IS this true?

I have had no direct exposure to tax accounting, but I am greatly interested in it. What is it that tax accountants do and why do they favor it over audit?

Last edited:

Ask a Question