Write Off Automobile Expenses In Canada

Canada Discussion in 'Businesses / Corporations' started by Gordon Paice, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Gordon Paice

Gordon Paice

Hello,

Is it possible to register a business in Canada for the sole purpose of avoiding car lease payments? Such a business would have annual revenue of $0 (or close to), and declare an automobile expense for business use from purchase of a vehicle. If this is possible, would the expense be reimbursed due to the business suffering a loss because expense of the car greatly exceeds revenue generated, or does this require a properly functioning business with revenue to deduct the expense from taxes?

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon Paice, Aug 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Gordon Paice

wave

Not too sure about this but you mentioned '0' revenue and from my understanding it is not possible to deduct if there is no revenue attached to it, i guess its the establishment of the fact you incur expense to generate revenue hence expense is deductible otherwise its a bit grey! I suggest look into local law..

wave, Aug 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question