accounts payable clerk interview..advice?

Reaction score
i have an interview for an accounts payable clerk position coming up. this will be my first industry job out of college. any advice on what i should know for the interview? do i need to brush up on some things?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Typically a company wants this position to be able to create lists of expenses - usually in Excel . So brush up on your Excel skills, if time permits, but don't worry about it.

Hallmarks of a good AP person: dependable (shows up to work and on time), accurate, follows rules well (follows rules on who has authority to approve an invoice), keeps mouth shut ( because you will see lots of confidential info and don't discuss this with other employees), and masters the accounts payable system (can run special reports.)

Reaction score
Yea, i agree with the latest reply, just know your excel sufficiently so you can get started and foremost learn to SHUT your mouth...
You will probably, depending on the company size, be in charge of Salaries Payable too and companies need to know that you are reliable enough to keep your mouths shut and act confidential
:eek:

Ask a Question