small business server 2008 and MSAO 2009

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
We have been using Microsoft office accounting 2009 on Windows Xp and it works fine.I am working on my machine and I could enable multi user access to all my client systems.
But eventually we have to move data to the Server machine which runs "Microsoft small business server 2008".
Can someone help me with the installation instructions of MSOA 2009 and small business server 2008.

When I install MSOA 2009 on the server machine, I cannot simply connect to the database.The company fails to initialize.

Another problem is I have a current balance on my accounts(when you go back and look at chart of accounts) with a wrong value.How can I change that value?
Thanks a lot for your time.

~Vamsee.

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
We have been using Microsoft office accounting 2009 on Windows Xp and it works fine.I am working on my machine and I could enable multi user access to all my client systems.
But eventually we have to move data to the Server machine which runs "Microsoft small business server 2008".
Can someone help me with the installation instructions of MSOA 2009 and small business server 2008.

When I install MSOA 2009 on the server machine, I cannot simply connect to the database.The company fails to initialize.

~Vamsee.
as far as i remember, run a backup of your current database from whichever machine it is on, move the backup file to the server.
open accounting, goto file>close company
this then brings up a new menu, click restore accounting from a backup file.
select the backup file
and then select a name for your file to be restored to..."test" or w/e
once this has been restored accounting is now on your server, this will then bring back the menu to choose restore or open existing etc, click open existing company, locate the file you just named "test", click open, once this has opened, you can then share the accounting out to different users etc...

please let me know if this is completely the wrong thing of what you asked for, just my interpretation...

Ask a Question