USA Anyone with experience with Non-Metal Mining Company

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. I am from a rural area, and a job has been offered to me to work for a nonmetallic mining company. I've worked in a public tax office for 3 years, and I would like to take this job and move to private industry. I am honestly a bit nervous about jumping into private role. I think what I'm looking for is a mentor of sorts.

Perhaps someone that may have experience being a controller, CFO, accountant in private industry that wouldn't mind if I contact them with questions from time to time. The forum is nice, but a more direct connection through e-mail or text would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no experience in the field you're moving into, but with accounting, whatever you learn in one place is transferable to the next. Sure certain industries have out of the norm stuff going on, but just see it as learning opportunity. You'll be fine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, Fidget. I start the job on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to learning new things, and to seeing how I like working in private industry. I suppose if I do have questions I can always ask them on the forum.

Ask a Question