Calculation for indirect labour for Manufacturing account

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Q 16 Jan 2019

The answer for manufacturing account is provided. May I know how the amount indirect labour $ 7210 is calculated ?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wai, a manufacturer, provided the following information for the year ended 30 November 2018.

Prepare the manufacturing account for the year ended 30 Nov 2018.
M.PNG
1684904335667.png

Attachments

DrStrangeLove

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
See the note at the bottom of the expense breakout between Factory and Administration: Factory wages are apportioned 70% to direct labour, 10% to overheads. Indirect labour is overheads.

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
See the note at the bottom of the expense breakout between Factory and Administration: Factory wages are apportioned 70% to direct labour, 10% to overheads. Indirect labour is overheads.
I look up online. Indirect labor is the labor of those who are not directly involved in the production of the products. An example would be security guards, supervisors, and quality assurance workers in the factory. Their wages and benefits would be classified as indirect labor costs. I didn't think that overheads is indirect labour initially. $72100 x 10% = $7210.

Last edited:

Ask a Question