Corona Virus

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering how folk are getting on?

For me, it's a work from home until further notice scenario as of today. I'm going to feel like I'm under house-arrest by the end of the week. Some social events planned have been postponed too now. All a bit doom and gloom. How's everybody else getting on?

Ad

Advertisements

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
People are in fear that they will be confined to their homes for about two weeks. This causes them to engage in panic buying of food, bottled water, and toiletries. Market shelves have been empty and the sight of that causes others to engage in panic buying. Media is hyping the situation so you feel you must stay tuned to them 24/7. Really bad scene.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, much the same here with the panic buying, and fuelled by the media.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All good here, but I know about 8 people with it now, all are recovering at home without incident. I'm also working from home and avoiding unnecessary contact where possible. Sounds like this could go on for quite some time and we'll need to learn to adapt. Online shopping is going to be a huge relief for many people.

Ad

Advertisements

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know anybody with it (yet!), and I think you're right - it's going to go on for while. Supposed to be going on holiday in May but expecting it to be cancelled.

Re online shopping, I always have groceries delivered, but delivery slots are hard to come by at the moment. I put in an order yesterday and the first available slot was Monday 23rd. Had a look this morning on the off-chance of any cancellations... but the first available slot now is on 28th March.

It's a bit concerning for people in the leisure industry with events being cancelled and people advised to stay away from bars, restaurants etc. Bit of a blow for the economy as well. The irony of it that the media & social media has been awash with doom and gloom about the effect of Brexit on the economy... then along comes Corona and says "allow me instead"!

Ask a Question