Do the 30 extra credit hours required to be a CPA have to be in accounting courses?

Reaction score
I'm starting college in the fall and am getting a BSBA in Accounting, but will only have 120 college credits. So I was thinking of earning a minor in Spanish to earn the extra 30 credit hours, but wasn't for sure if the extra courses had to be accounting/business. With my BSBA in Accounting I will already have the required amount of accounting/business courses for my state (KY). So dos it matter or not?

Reaction score
I have done exactly what you intended to do.

So, here is what you looking to do.
You have to obtain certain amount of credits thats related to accounting field. For example, 33 credits in accounting, 30 credits in business (like business law), etc... The rest, you can take whatever course you want to make up the 150 credit course, but you have to at least have all the credits that they ask for when you go for your CPA exam.

So you really have to make a plan of what course you need to take. Best advice would be to consult with your college consultant, like student advisors.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

Ask a Question