UK Does my wife need an accountant?

Reaction score
My wife is South Korean and earns her money working from home in the UK for South Korean companies.

She earns approx £30,000 a year through one regular income and several (approx 85) other short term contracts.

All of her money is paid to her in Korean Won into her Korean bank account. We understand that as she is resident in the UK she needs to pay tax in the UK and as she has paid tax in Korea due to double taxation she will pay the difference to the UK. Although it is different depending on what type of earning it is.

She doesn't have the confidence to handle her tax affairs herself and has asked me to do it or get an accountant.

Part of me thinks that it is probably not as complicated as it all sounds and that I can do it, but another part of me thinks I would rather have it all done properly and not have to deal with it.

What do you think? How much should I expect to pay for an accountant if needed?

Thanks.

We have had a quote from one accountant so far of £400 - £500 a year plus VAT.

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You sound like you could handle this on your own. I'd look into it and then see if it's just too complicated. Even if it is, you'll be able to pick out people who didn't know what to do very easily because you will know more than them. ;)

Ask a Question