Fund transfer

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everyone, there is a fund transfer from company A in country A to company B in country B. These two companies are two separate legal entity. The director and shareholders of these two company are the same. Because company A is going to close down soon. So the director intends to transfer cash from company A to Company B. In this case, how do I record this fund receive by company B.
1. loan agreement
I am thinking of loan agreement between two companies but Company A is closing down soon. Can a loan agreement made with a condition without paying back?
2. give as a gift
I think this will be tax impose for company B
3. Can the fund be transfer like this without any contract or agreement? And company B record it’s as an income
Hope to hear your advices
Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Ocean92
Do Company A and Company B both have a common parent company?

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi Kat, thank you for your reply! company A and B do not have common parent company! The intention of the shareholder/director (same person) close down company A, company B is recently opened in another country with the same director and shareholders. Nature of business is the same. Is the fund transfer from company A to company eligible without form of the loan agreement or issue of share? How can I record this fund receive in company B!
thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Ocean92
i see two ways possible. One is for A to return capital to the shareholder then shareholder invests capital in B. The other is for A to invest capital in B then when A is closed down the shareholder receives A’s investment in B. You need to discuss both with tax experts and legal experts since A and B are in different countries.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi Kat, may I ask in case of dividend payout in private limited company with only 1 director and shareholder who is the same person! Do the annual meeting and meeting minute are required for dividend declaration? Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Ocean92
That is a legal question which can only be addressed by your legal counsel.

Kat

Ask a Question