USA Transfer funds from LLC bank account to Personal bank account

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am in a process of opening my own LLC and the question that came up is how to transfer money from LLC bank account to my personal bank account?
For example, I received a check for $1000 for the services I provided. Then I deposit this check to LLC account. So, how do I transfer these $1000 from LLC account to my personal account for my personal expanses needs?
I guess I can do it as a form of dividends from the business. But then should I pay taxes on corporate and personal income?
Thank you in advance.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is a very complex question (that you so easily ask)
Any transfers from the business to your personal account need to come from 1 of 3 ways
1. Wages/Bonus
2. Expenses (reimbursement, which needs an expense report with detailed receipts)
3. Dividend (which applies to all shareholders)

Only #2 can avoid taxes, but those are legitimate business expenses anyway, so it makes sense. The other two depend on your personal situation, but generally paying it out as a dividend is the more cost effective manner if you are the only shareholder. If there are multiple shareholders, then all of them would receive a dividend.

I hope that helps.
Regards.
Steve

Ask a Question