How to direct deposit w/o a checking account.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have a pension check from my former employer in the US. I receive the check via mail as my company will not direct deposit to my Philippines bank as social security and VA does. I no longer have a US bank account because I no longer reside there. Sometimes my check gets lost or stolen in transit. That happened to me twice within three months during Christmas holiday.
Is there any way for me to have that check direct deposited in the US and then to my Philippine bank? No US bank that I know of will allow me to open an account if I do not reside there. That then is the problem, I do not have a US account to deposit to.
Any ideas about what I can do?
Thanks, Dave

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
With you not having a US bank acct AND your company unwilling to deposit in Philippines -- no dice.Sorry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you going to get more pension checks in the future? if so then what you can do is open a Post office box and use that as the US address that you need. It is not really that much a year for a PO Box address. I think my husband and I pay around 90 a year for ours. Then you can open a checking account using the PO box and just do the online banking portion to send it to your Philippines bank. See if that might work.

Ask a Question