Error 1310 in QuickBooks desktop can take place when installing the program or updating it to the latest maintenance release. When the error occurs, you may get any of the below-given error messages on your screen: “Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll” or error “1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Ms.”A damaged installation source is one of the most apparent reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1310. In this post, we will discuss some other possible causes behind the error and troubleshoot them with relevant solutions. Let’s proceed further!
Solution 1: Modify User Account Control Setting
To get the job done, follow the below-given steps:
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard, and it will open the Run box.
- Now type Control Panel in the blank space and hit Enter key to proceed further.
- Next, you need to click on User Account and then select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Click yes on the confirmation window.
- Shift the slider downwards to Never Notify to turn the UAC off.
- Click OK and then restart the system.
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can find and fix common installation issues in the application. Download the tool from a legit source and save it to a suitable location on your computer. Once you are done, run the tool to fix QB error 1310. After applying the required steps, try to update the QuickBooks application. If the error continues, try the next solution.