USA I need more accounting wisdom

Reaction score
I have came a long way with getting to know my future career the only things that I have struggle with is the adjusting process,inventories (I done better on LIFO than I did FIFO on the homework assignment),and the adjusting entries for allowance method on receivables.I am going into fixed and intangible assets which might have to work on a little longer because my instructor says that it is hard some of my classmates are struggling with it. Most employers prefer a B or better in accounting. I have applied to several jobs and obtaining a job has been unsuccessful.On the other hand, accounting opens more doors than some places do. I made a good career choice it requires attention to detail and strong communication and math skills which I have had from the get go. I worry about the CPA, and CMA exams. Accounting offers alot of specialties and I am just confused all I know is that excel is an accountant's best friend for doing spreadsheets I assume. I am aware that accounting is the language of business and I didn't know that selling a product was an expense to a business I thought they earned revenue but they have less inventory when they sale something COGS is the expense and they earn revenue at the same time. I will appreciate all the advice an accountant has to offer.I want to succeed at this profession things will be tough and I need job security.I have gained appreciation for accounting because it tells me things.One time I went into a bank to try and get a loan they would not let me have it because I don't have an income and my credit score is bad because my mom put things under my name but I will get my credit back up.Accounting basically told me that you can't get a loan until you get a job and pay your bills on time. I thank accounting for showing me amazing things.Advice is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I am working on improving written communication skills.I scored high enough to take college level english along with a developmental course.

Ask a Question