USA If you tomorrow could create a software that helps you with your accounting business, what must this software do?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey There, a close friend asked me this questions and now has been taken over my mind of how much of our work could be made more efficient, what would you ask for in a perfect software ?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The perfect software handles all my needs effortlessly and most important of all is absolutely free! :p

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest lack of efficiency in our process is in taking a file that's been efiled, scanning client docs, scanning preparer notes, storing them where they need to be stored in our file structure, shredding what needs to be shredded and sending back to the client what needs to be sent. This is actually a huge expense in our company.

The hardest part about streamlining this is the idea that you really need handwritten notes,.. you just need paper and pencil.. which means you need to scan.. then next year you need to print.. and then scan it again.. I'm always looking at those digital paper products and waiting for them to get good enough to solve this problem for me. If we could do that we'd be in great shape.

If you wanted to make it really seamless.. I'd have a scanner right in my desk where I could scan each tax document into the tax software and it would be organized correctly according to the form that it relates to in the software.

Just get rid of the paper. Get rid of the printing and scanning and countless slaughtered trees.

It can be done.. but it would be a custom job and likely many hundreds of thousands to develop.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Steve,

Thanks for your answer!

You have provided with a lot of insightful feedback, i think there are definitely a lot of softwares that can solve your problems with paper!

Would love to jump on a quick call and share some ideas together if you are open for that!

Thanks and Kind Regards
Arnold Koci

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really sharing mostly to hear how other accountants manage this process.

Ask a Question