Inventory conversion (Raw Material> WIP > Finished Goods) Peachtree 2010

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys, I hope all of you are doing well. I just starting implementing peachtree for my small company and was facing some trouble.

We are manufacturers and we covert yarn to fabric. I wanted to understand how Peachtree would handle this change as yarn is bought in terms of bags (100lb each) and the fabric is maintained in meters.

Moreover, depending on the type of fabric you are producing, X lb of yarn goes in 1 meter of fabric.

I saw the assembly function but could not get how this would be used to handle this conversion. Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First you want to ensure that your Peachtree account is set up as "manufacturing." Each type of fabric would then be a "work ticket" in Peach Tree. You would then want to create a standard unit of raw materials and finished goods. For example, if you sell sheets of linen in batches of 100M, then your work tickets would be for 100M batches. Then, if a 100M batch of linen requires 50lbs of cotton, use fractional quantities to determine the inputs on the work order. So, a work order for one batch requires .5 units of cotton.

Ask a Question