South Africa Joining an accredited Accounting Body

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi, I have just completed a Masters in International Accounting and Finance through the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. I am 50 years of age with a load of experience in the accounting and finance field. I have been trying to register with CIMA, ACCA etc to gain a acceptable recognition of my ability but all of these associations are requesting that I study for an additional 1-3 years in order to become a member. Is there any accounting body that I could register with who would accept this degree, and experience without me having to study further?. I was under the impression that a masters in accounting and finance would go some way in guaranteeing some memberships. Thank you

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Most associations have their own training and accreditation program. Some are willing to accept certain programs in lieu of their own, however, many have this has a primary revenue source. So, in my research (in Canada) everyone requires additional study, regardless of prior education or experience.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Most associations have their own training and accreditation program. Some are willing to accept certain programs in lieu of their own, however, many have this has a primary revenue source. So, in my research (in Canada) everyone requires additional study, regardless of prior education or experience.
Thanks for responding Steve, I am now beginning to understand how this all works.

Ask a Question