UK Newbie here :)

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am 36 and have just gone back to studying after being a full time mom.
I have just completed Book Keeping & Accounts Level 1 and got a 1st class pass, I am currently doing Computerised Accounts Level 1 & 2 and hoping for a 1st class pass in both.
My question is what is my next step? I currently work part time in Administration and not sure if I can incorporate both Accounting and Administration or stick to Accounting for my next job......

Hope you can help

Vicky x x x

Reaction score
Accounting Reply

Hi,

Have you thought of working from home providing bookkeeping services, many small operators would love someone to take over these duties. I know it seems like a brave step but you don't have to take on work you are not comfortable with. Your hourly rate would generally be much greater than an employed position and building 20 clients or so would give you a more reliable income than being employed at one job. More money and more family time. Bookkeeping is sometimes a better deal than being the Accountant - it is simpler, more regular client contact (builds goodwill) & billing with less responsibility. After doing a few you will start to feel confident, Hey if you make a few mistakes well put it down to experience and move on - that's what everyone does. I was so dum when I started accounting I didn't know I was making mistakes - professional bliss. The Tax office is a great place to get advice for free if your stuck on how to account for a transaction as you and your clients accountants will be thinking tax.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Michael Myers

Ask a Question