USA One time purchase software

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for an accounting software with the following features:

- One time purchase, or OpenSource, without any recurring subscription fees
- Ability to assign a Business Unit (BU) to each transaction, and to produce Income Statement and Balance Sheet per BU
- Ability to import transactions, and detect duplicate transactions in the download
- Ability to connect directly to financial institutions to download transactions
- No need to issue invoices, POs or manage payroll. Just basic double entry accounting of transactions after they have occurred

For example, Gnucash satsfies all of the above, but cannot assign Business Units to transactions.

Any suggestions or ideas to make Gnucash handle BUs would be highly appreciated

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Quickbooks can handle most of that, but I'm not sure about importing transactions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

According to your requirements, I think QuickBooks Premier can be a good choice. It is a desktop-based accounting software offering a one-time cost and allows access for up to 5 users.

Here's how QB desktop Premier can help you:

-Assign single or multiple units of measure to show quantities, rates, and costs for any item.
-Automate the reporting process, including all the expenses, balance sheets, profits, and losses for the tax filing of returns.
-It also enables you to automatically download transactions by directly connecting your bank and credit card to it. Moreover, you can easily import your data from spreadsheets, most of the accounting software, and other programs.

Please check out the following link to know more: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/premier/

I hope this information would help you in finding the perfect fit.

Reaction score
Country
India
The simplest choice in your case is QuickBooks.
If you select the Premier version then it would be good for you.
It will settle all of the features you need.

Ask a Question