Profit & Loss Question (Service Industry)

Reaction score
Country
Fiji
Hey Guys, I'm having a bit of trouble creating a monthly Profit & Loss Statement for my business in the tourism industry.

Basically, we have various revenue streams; cash sales, credit card sales, online, and a VOUCHER BASED SYSTEM!

In the voucher based system, tourists from multiple resorts are able to book & pay for our tours at a 3rd party retail tour desk. We don't actually receive our payments from these tour desks for 60 days (which, in a seasonal industry, can be a big nuisance for cash-flow).

I'd just like to know whether I should put these voucher sales into my SALES column, or only place them into my profit & loss statement for the month that I actually receive the money?

I hope that you guys are able to understand my question! It's confusing me lately because I also have to put in my cost of sales & operation costs etc. etc. and it wont make sense to have my sales for a particular month not match up with our variable costs and what not.

Cheers!

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Treat them the same as the rest of your sales.

Ask a Question