USA Question about bachelors in accounting

Reaction score
Country
United States
I apologize in advance for such a trivial question. I'm a student in California and I chose accounting as my major. I'm currently enrolled in a Community college. I plan to transfer to a CSU/UC after i finish my pre requisites. I looked up the accounting program offered in UC/CSU and the results were bachelors in business administration with emphasis/concentration on accounting. Is it same as bachelors in accounting? I'm confused

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which UC or CSU are you considering? (Some programs differ by campus.)

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's correct. The major is actually Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. Every Business Major in the fields of Human Resources, IT Management, Accounting, Marketing etc are all Business Administration Majors but their concentration is in whatever fields they chose. In your case, Accounting. When I was at San Jose State University, there was no "Accounting Major", it was "Major in Business Administration concentration of Accounting." That's the proper technical terminology.

Ask a Question