USA Payroll salary question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Confusion over pay per year? ** (see bottom)

ok so doing the family taxes and discovered a payroll question.

so paid 132.3 an hour (a mailing stated this), 10 hour shifts, 26 pay = 1,440 hours (how many actual hours worked). So the paychecks come out 26 times, but what’s on them is 60 hours per bi weekly period. 60 multiplied by 26 = 1,560 hours (def do not work this many hours)

so I get a deficit of .083333 or round about. Or in other words the salary is being divided by 1,560 hours, instead of divided by 1440 hours.

am I looking at this correctly? Or am I missing some large element?

in the field applicable. Full time is 80 hours per bi weekly period , whereas 60 is working 3/4 of full time.

**salary should be around $206,000 (was in mailer stating this)

Last edited:

DrStrangeLove

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How many total hours are you working in a pay period? Do you work the same number of total hours every pay period, or do your hours vary?

I ask because 1440 isn't evenly divisible by 26. If you're working the same round number of hours each pay period--I'm assuming from what you wrote that you're working six 10-hour shifts per pay period--you can't get 1440 total hours out of 26 paychecks. If you have 24 pay periods (semi-monthly rather than biweekly), then you can get 1440 hours (60 hrs/pay period) and 1560 hours (65 hrs/pay period).

Ask a Question