USA Payroll of third party journal entries

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have starting using Paychex for our company's payroll. I can not figure out how the offset the MA Health tax amount. The Paychex withdraw is always short that amount even though its an employer expense. I've temp just made this amount a payable but I know that's not correct. I've enclosed a sample of check and entry and hope someone can help me out with this. I keep asking CPA and unfortunately he just isn't responding to me.

Thanks,
Kathy
20220207_122406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Call Paychex and ask them about that code. It may be that you yourself need to file a return and pay the MA Health tax. But get the scoop from Paychex.
2. Find a new CPA. One that will respond to you.

Also sent you private message. Log in to the forum and click on envelope icon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you talked to PayChex about this? The two reasons I can think of for this are
1. You are responsible for filing and paying the tax instead of PayChex, or​
2. The payment is on a different schedule than the other items. e.g. monthly or quarterly instead of each pay period.​
Either way, you are correct in booking it as a liability for now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for a new CPA and Payroll Co. It seems they will take my money but not help me because I'm too small. :( Thanks for your reply.

Ask a Question