question on credit card use for business

Reaction score
I am a sole proprietor (graphic designer), and am working at increasing my business, and not making a lot per year quite yet. I'd like to have a separate credit card for my business from the household finances, which so far I was using and refunding monthly.

It used to be that one could apply with "household yearly income" but now the credit card companies are more specific and want my "yearly personal income", which is too low to be acceptable for now, and I know I will get rejected. So I'd like to use my husband's name and have my name as an additional card holder. He wouldn't use this card, only I, for business purposes, indeed.

I would like to know if there are any reasons why it would be a bad idea, at any level, but more particularly at the legal level.

Thanks ahead.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just be sure to fill out the credit application truthfully in describing how the card is to be used. The credit card folks should be ok with that.

Ask a Question