USA Quickbooks and Bank of America Bill Pay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear netters,

For the last 25 years, I have been using Quickbooks (desktop edition), and from it, I was able to make direct bill payments to vendors. These were routed via some protocol to Bank of America, paper checks were sent out by Bank of America and everyone was happy. I did not need to leave QB to do anything else - accounting in one place.

I recently received a notification that QB is now switching to Melio (?) platform for payments and that my version of the software (QB Desktop 2020) is not compatible with bill pay. Moreover, seems that the pricing model with Intuit has changed to monthly (online) or annual (desktop) subscriptions. So even if I were to purchase QB Desktop 2022 for $349, it would stop working after a year. Not insignificant, for a small business.

My question to the forum: what do you use for bill pay that directly integrates into your accounting software, something that does not cost an arm and a leg, works with your bank (preferably, BofA), and has decent support? Also, feeding downloads from the bank directly into accounting software is a must. Has to be a one-stop-shop...

Your ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Ask a Question