Quickbooks hosted on server share problems

Reaction score
We have moved our company files to a server share from a workstation that was hosting the files. I have installed the QB Server manager on the server hosting the files and have pointed this software to monitor the folder that contains the files. Since I have done this, if one of our users opens a file first, the others cant get into it. And it is only this one user that causes this. I have not changed the type of installation of Quickbooks on each of the user workstations (they are all in multi-user mode) and they all have full access to the folder containing the company files. Anyone ever run into this? I have noticed that the QB Database server manager software does not show anyone accessing the file when I know for sure some of them are.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe, for your case, a good cloud hosting provider can be helpful. There are many hosting providers in the market. When you host your QuickBooks on their server, any number of users can access and make changes in the QuickBooks file. This will depend upon the subscription plan you will choose. Additionally, the hosting provider is responsible if there is any issue in the server or the usage of QuickBooks File.

Ask a Question