Quickbooks Reconcilation

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
We are using Quick books 2014. I was wondering is it mandatory to use reconciliation feature of the QB or can I do it manually (excel),

Reaction score
Country
United States
there is nothing mandatory in QB. However using the reconciliation in QB keeps your records up to date. Why would you prefer to do it manually versus using the features of the software program that is designed to keep accurate books?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
We are using Quick books 2014. I was wondering is it mandatory to use reconciliation feature of the QB or can I do it manually (excel),
Why do you want to do it manually? Doing it via the reconciliation feature is pretty easy. When you do it via the software, you can ensure that all the transactions are entered, makes your reports from the software more authentic, helps you with future decisions for the business and also helps you make critical financial decisions.

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Why do you want to do it manually? Doing it via the reconciliation feature is pretty easy. When you do it via the software, you can ensure that all the transactions are entered, makes your reports from the software more authentic, helps you with future decisions for the business and also helps you make critical financial decisions.

First of all thank you guys for the replies.
The reason for skipping reconciliation is because; out of 3 bank accounts I can see the reconcile statements of 2 banks.. I believe the accountant before me only reconciled 2 accounts and skipped one. I started to worry I might just screw something up. However after reading your replies I think I should start reconciling in QB itself.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
First of all thank you guys for the replies.
The reason for skipping reconciliation is because; out of 3 bank accounts I can see the reconcile statements of 2 banks.. I believe the accountant before me only reconciled 2 accounts and skipped one. I started to worry I might just screw something up. However after reading your replies I think I should start reconciling in QB itself.
Hey AdnanMirza! You are most welcome. Yeah, do give the QB reconciliation feature a try and reach out ot us in case you are facing any difficulty. Good Luck!

Ask a Question