USA Release of Federal Tax Liens in New Jersey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am in the process of purchasing a home in NJ and the title search found NJ state taxes that we currently pay via installment payments each month. Our lender states they must be paid in full at closing and I was able to negotiate them down to a reasonable figure that was acceptable for all parties. After completing this step, the title company performed a rundown search and found a federal tax lien that was filed in January of this year. We sold our old home in May of 2017 and have moved twice since that time. Therefore mail has taken literally months to make it's way to our new address. I need to get the federal tax lien released, lifted or squashed but the amount is too large to pay in full. Offer in compromise will take too long and we would not qualify for currently non collectible. Any one have any tricks I could use here? Thank you kindly in advance for your time and consideration.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We already set up an installment plan, but that will not release the lien.

Ask a Question