UK Time to Pay the Tax Man his Due?

Apr 4, 2012
Reaction score
I think it's time I came clean before I get caught. I just wanted some in put from you guys which might help me to not need to pay quite so much in tax.

A few years back I set up a couple of blogs with the intention of making some extra cash through affiliate schemes and google adsense. Then I picked up some content writing work off the back of those blogs. So while I started out making about £20 a month, after a couple of years I'm making between £100 and £200 a month.

Obviously, I should have declared all this to the tax man much sooner, but the time has just flown by.

Anyway, I've been put in touch with SJD contractor accountants by a friend for some advice. They're certainly affordable and helpful, but I'd like to ask if any of you have been in this situation and if there's a way I can get around paying back 3 years of tax. Or more importantly, if I can sweep the Google Adsense and Affiliate payments under the carpet, because they are received via Paypal while all writing work is paid directly into my bank account.

I'm at the stage where I need to declare all this because the income is regular. It's just that if I suddenly have to pay back 3 years of tax on all my earnings (and would that include revenue from eBay sales?) I won't be able to pay the rent for two months!

Advice would be gratefully received.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads