UK Trading Stocks & Shares as LTD vs Personal

Reaction score
Greetings.

I am a full time employee, who earns between £55K-£70K, depending on yearly bonuses. I have a dormant LTD company, which I have had for a while. I was planning on buying stocks and shares with 10% of my monthly wage. Would I be able to A) Loan that 10% every month to my LTD company, then B) Buy stocks and shares via the LTD company?

The LTD company would have no other business function other than just buying stocks and shares.

So I guess my questions are: 1) Is this allowed by HMRC? 2) What would be the tax implications versus just investing personally in stocks and shares? 3) Is this a common practice?

Before I start buying up shares, I would like some guidance on whether this is a good idea, or if I should just buy shares personally.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
KD

Reaction score
I take it from the lack of response (or interest!) that it's not a good idea or it's not a popular thing to do?

Thanks
KD

Ask a Question