Transfer of assets to another company

Reaction score
This is a long, loaded question. I am a 20% shareholder in a company (A) which is a corporation, which has ceased business due to law changes in our state. The other shareholders have decided to start a new company (B), also a corporation. However, they are using assets from company A in order to start this new company. Not only are they using furniture and equipment, but also money from goods sold (off the books). Company A has not dissolved, and I have no voting power, so my question is: what can I do to make sure I am receiving my share of these assets that were transferred? Also, I feel like the way this was done was not legal, as there was no "sale" of the equipment, furniture or product to company B. I feel that the other shareholders are defrauding myself, as well as the IRS by not recording this as sales. Thanks in advance!!!

Ask a Question